Polls and surveys are an effective way of obtaining data from your contacts. These polls or surveys could be about what events your contacts would like to attend, what products they would be more willing to buy, or how they feel about a particular topic. These answers will provide important data that could help your organization make key decisions.
- If the survey/poll questions are to be associated with an event or advocacy action, please have your Event/P2P or advocacy action created
- The Survey/Poll creation process does not allow for the ability to use survey/poll questions across multiple Surveys see FAQs for additional guidance
Instructions: Creating an online survey/poll
To begin set-up, the first step will be to create the survey or poll.
- Name - required
- Type - default Survey
- If this is associated with an event, select Event, Peer-to-Peer, or Advocacy now for downstream association and presentment
- Active - default Yes
- Anonymous - default No
- Responses - default single (how many times an individual can complete)
- Event - default None
- If this will be associated with an Event or Peer-to-Peer, select the associated event now for downstream association and presentment
- Description - default null
- SAVE - click to secure changes and expose additional options
- Online Title: text to be exposed to end user
- Menu: to add content, images, video, links, etc.
- SAVE: to secure your changes
- Text - free form text
- Dropdown List - users selects from a dropdown
- Checkbox - user selects a checkbox
- Radio Button - user selects a radio button option
Instructions: Monitoring results
Instructions: How to add Poll/Survey Questions to your Web Form
Prerequisite: If you need assistance on how to set up an Event Web Form, click here for more details.
Step 6: As your donor completes their web form, the Success page will now contain a link to interact with your survey.
FAQs & Further Reading
Q. My web form is not allowing me to map my new survey questions. How can I resolve this?
A. You will not be able to map web form fields to multiple surveys as it will create reporting issues. You should create a new survey as
Field 1 - Q1 of Survey 1
Field 2 - Q2 of Survey 1
Field 3 - Q3 of Survey 1
To resolve, unmap the fields, clearing all mapping to Survey 1. Then begin to remap to the questions in the new survey.